Friday, March 9, 2018

March Writing Updates and Goals

I feel like it has been a while since I did a writing update. The beginning of this year has been hectic. I cannot believe that it is already March. Where the heck does the time go?

While I could always be doing more, I feel like I have drastically increased how much I write compared to a year ago. I feel like consistency is a major key. I may only be able to write 500 words a day, but if I do that 5x a week for a month, that's over 10,000 words. I'm still not quite hitting that mark, but that's what I'm aiming at right now--500 words a day.

Here are a few of the things I'm proud of so far in 2018:

  • 2 picture book drafts completed
  • 1 picture book revision
  • 2 middle grade short story drafts
  • 31 poems written
  • 9 rejections (this is a good thing!)
  • Chosen to be authlete in Madness! Poetry
  • Active in 2 critique groups
  • completed round 2 judging for Cybils picture book/board book categories
  • Read 40 books (all but 8 were picture books)

And here are a few of my writing goals for this month:
  • write 1 new picture book manuscript
  • write 10 poems
  • revise 1 picture book
  • revise and submit middle grade short story
  • attend my critique groups
  • outline my chapter book so I can start writing it next month
  • continue to read good books

No comments:

Post a Comment