Friday, November 24, 2017

Poetry Friday - Thank You and Good Night


It’s Friday! And you know what that means: Poetry! Want to know more about Poetry Friday? Click this link right here. And be sure to check out  Carol's Corner to see this week’s round up of wonderful poetry related posts, blogs and goodness. 
________________________________________


Happy Day After Thanksgiving! AKA Turkey Hangover Day. I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday. I am in Tennessee visiting my parents and we are enjoying the colder weather. We drive home to Florida tomorrow. These trips always pass too fast.




Today I decided I wanted to share a snippet from Patrick McDonnell's picture book, Thank You and Good Night. I read this for the first time a few months ago and fell in love. I do not buy many books, but this was a immediate purchase. If you haven't had a chance to read it, seek it out. It has a wonderful, surprise ending.


The sun, the moon,
a red balloon.
Hiding, seeking,
fun with friends,
a shooting-star wish
that it never ends.
Cozy pajamas,
a happy surprise,
night birds singing
sweet lullabies.
Bedtime stories,
old and new,
read with love,
to me,
by you.
A long, long list
of that and this, 
ending with a good-night kiss.
© Patrick McDonnell 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment