Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Where Is My Coat? Farm Animals - Board Book ARC Review

Buy Here
Where Is My Coat? Farm Animals
by Anita Bijsterbosch
Clavis, November 15th, 2017

I received an advance reader copy of this book to review


At a Glance


Age Range: 

Newborn through toddler

Plot:

Farm animal lose their coats and the reader must guess why type of animal they are.

Pros:

  • creative take on a common board book type
  • illustrations are fun and vibrant

Cons:

  • I wish the text was more varied, but there is something to be said for repetition in board books

Would I recommend this title: 

Yes!

Anytime someone can take a board book and make it fresh is a win for me. Bijsterbosch does just that with this book. On each page, the animals are presented in silhouette, and the reader must guess what the animal is. Then the reader turns the page for the big reveal. I like the high contrast between the black and white images and the the full color spreads of the animals. I think that this book would hold a baby's attention.



No comments:

Post a Comment