Monday, January 29, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 1/29/2018




The weekly post where I recap all the KidLit books I’ve been reading. Occasionally, I’ll also review some adult fiction books as well.


Be sure to check out Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers to see what other kidlit readers are reading. Because, you know, we can never have too many books in our TBR pile.
                                         

This past week I've been taking care of sick kiddos and now I have got the stomach bug too. So a short list for this week.


Picture Books

Plant a Kiss
written by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds

Like so many picture books, I grabbed this one off the shelf because of the cute cover. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The cute illustrations have actual glitter! And rhyme in pictures can be a tough thing to get right. Amy Rosenthal did an amazing job and was a joy to read aloud to the kiddos.



Sad, the Dog
written by Sandy Fussell
illustrated by Tull Suwannakit

I picked this one up because we are a house full of dog people. I liked that the story was from the perspective of the dog and how his interactions with people shaped how he viewed himself. Overall, a good story. 

5 comments:

  1. Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Peter Reynolds? Wow. I will have to pick that one up. I am looking forward to finding Sad, the Dog as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to find that Amy Krouse Rosenthal picturebook soonest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any Amy Krouse Rosenthal picture book is always worth reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I must be living under a rock--Plant a Kiss is the 1st Amy Krouse Rosenthal book I've read! I'll have to check out more of her books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dog cover looks like one I'd grab myself. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete