Friday, February 14, 2014

LTUE: Day 1


LTUE is here again! Last year was a blast, and this year is going great so far. There are still 2 more days to go, so if you have some time, stop on by. Below is a quick recap of the first day.

I got to meet and chat with some great artists and authors. Jess Smart Smiley has some exciting things that he is working on, and Michaelbrent Collings is nominated for a few Bram Stoker awards. Winning a Bram Stoker is one of my dreams, so I was cool to meet him.

I also went to some great panels and workshops. Most of the ones I went to focused on writing for youth. I feel like I got some great insight that will help me as I continue to write my current book. One workshop in particular by J. Scott Savage (author of the Farworld series) was really beneficial. He discussed how motives determine whether your book will be an easy ready, middle grade or YA. Good stuff.

Today I've got some great panels to attend as well. As a matter of fact, I need to head off to a panel called "Selling Your Short Story." Check back tomorrow for a recap of today!

No comments:

Post a Comment