Friday, March 24, 2017

March Writing Update


So I normally don’t toot my own horn, but I’m quite proud of myself. I hit every single one of my writing goals that I set last month. How about them apples!

The biggest highlight of the month was participating in MadnessPoetry. What an absolute blast. I ended up losing in the 2nd round to a really good poet. But my poem about a dinosaur salon still won the kids’ vote, so I’m really happy about that. I would love to participate next year. Currently, the ‘Elite Eight’ are battling it out and voting is open. If you have a sec, you should check out the remaining poets’ poems.

The poetry competition has inspired me to participate in NaPoWriMo. I’ll be attempting to write a poem a day for National Poetry Month in April. How great will it be to have 30 new poems under my belt?

Here are a few highlights from the past month:

  • Wrote 2 poems
  • Competed in Madness! Poetry and made it to Round 2
  • Submitted to 2 literary magazines
  • Received 2 rejections
  • Scratched out a 2nd draft of a picture book
  • Read 3 books
  • Wrote on the blog every week
  • Attended my online critique group and a new in-person group

And here are my goals for the upcoming month:

  • Write a poem a day in April for National Poetry Month
  • Get 4 very rough picture book drafts done for Camp NaNoWriMo
  • Write on the blog every week
  • Read 4 books 
  • Submit flash fiction piece to 2 more places

No comments:

Post a Comment