Friday, July 21, 2017

It's Poetry Friday!


It’s Friday! And you know what that means: Poetry! Want to know more about Poetry Friday? Click this link right here. And be sure to check out Katie over at The Logonauts to see this week’s round up of wonderful poetry related posts, blogs and goodness.
                                         

I live on the gulf coast of Florida. And it's summertime. So that means thunderstorms most every day. When we moved away from Florida for a few years, I found that the storms were what I missed the most.

 Big billowy dark clouds roll in and are gone just as fast. And the thunder literally shakes the walls and windows. I happened to be sitting out under my awning the other afternoon reading a book when a huge clap sounded overhead. I felt the book ripple in my hands it was so loud. And I loved it.



**While writing this poem, I learned something new (another perk of writing). Wispy cirrus clouds are also called Mare's Tails because they resemble a horse's tail. And these types of clouds paired with patchy cirrocumulus clouds can mean that rain in on the way (source). I thought that it made for a cool image.**

No comments:

Post a Comment