Friday, February 23, 2018

Poetry Friday - Snow Gators


It’s Friday! And you know what that means: Poetry! Want to know more about Poetry Friday? Click this link right here. And be sure to check out Elizabeth Steinglass's blog to see this week’s round up of wonderful poetry related posts, blogs and goodness. 
________________________________________

After a stint of having a tough time sitting down and writing, I feel like I am finally getting back into the swing of things. I am playing catch up a bit in the February Poetry Challenge, but I am determined to have 28+ poems by the 28th. 

This week I had the chance to share a piece of artwork from my own home. I chose a recent piece that my husband illustrated (you can see more of his work here, if you're interested). It was was so much fun to see everyone's ekphrastic poetry responses. You can see mine below.

illustration (c) John Herzog

Snow Gators

Snowbirds flock
To Florida
Each winter
And relax
On sunny beaches

But some folks
Scamper North
To frolic
In the snow. 
Are they snow gators? 
(c) Rebecca Herzog

7 comments:

  1. John's illustration "Winter Gator" is delightful and was such fun to write with. writing a poem a day has been challenging, but like you, I find myself "getting into the swing of things." I'm glad it is a challenge to write drafts of poems or I might never have done it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did love your husband's challenge artwork delivered straight to the writing band of friends via you, Rebecca. Will you please package up your poem and your husband's illustration for my winter gallery. I am excited to place it in the my upcoming Winter Wonderland Gallery. Your last line in your poem is a great question.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the illustration. It's so fresh and cute. And I love your question. I always like poems that turn things on their heads. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was like a breath of humor blew through the poems when you shared your husband's art. I love your idea of those northern trekkers being 'snow gators'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John's illustration was a delight to write to. I love your response about the snow gators. We have quite a few more snow birds that leave for the winter than those who come back for snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been swamped this month, but it's been fun trying to keep up with the daily challenge.

    ReplyDelete