Friday, September 22, 2017

Poetry Friday - Autumn


It’s Friday! And you know what that means: Poetry! Want to know more about Poetry Friday? Click this link right here. And be sure to check out Amy's blog, The Poem Farm, to see this week’s round up of wonderful poetry related posts, blogs and goodness. 
________________________________________

It's officially the most wonderful time of the year! Fall is hands down my favorite season. While we don't get much of a season change here in Florida, I can still imagine the crispness of the air, the colorful leaves, and the creepiness of Halloween. 

I am also excited because this will be the first time that I am participating in the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril (RIP) reading challenge. You can read a bit more about it here.  Basically to participate you read at least one spooky (defined broadly) book in September/October. I've chosen 6 books because I like to read, I'm an over achiever and/or I'm a glutton for punishment. Here are the books I have picked.

To celebrate the changing of the season guard, I decided to write a little poem about Fall. I hope you enjoy. Thanks for stopping by. And Happy Autumn Equinox!



Autumn

The sun, tired of the green summer,
Peeks through his kaleidoscope
And twists the world into vivid color.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I like that poem, Rebecca. Summer does stick around too long sometimes, doesn't it? I'm ready for the leaves to turn. I hope you enjoy your RIP challenge, you over-achiever you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I am ready to the FL summmer to give way to slightly cooler days.

      Delete
  2. Yea! i love fall, too--definitely the best time of the year for me, and I am thankful Indiana has glorious falls! Our front porch is loaded with pumpkins and gourds and the leaves are just starting to hint at the kaleidoscope of colors to come. I love that image in your poem.

    I have to be careful with spooky books (a tendency to have nightmares still), but I just finished a sweet ghost story I picked up on vacation--The Wildwood Ghost Mystery. Can that count?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're making me jealous with your front porch description! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm totally afraid of scary books. My students always knew that about me. Fall is my favorite season, so I'm always glad when it arrives. And your poem is delightful. I love that the sun "twists the world into vivid color." Perfect poem for teaching personification, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always been a fan of the creepy. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  4. Oh - I love your kaleidoscope twist. Matches beautifully with the image, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see the image with your photo as pieces of a kaleidoscope--lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The image reminded me of a kaleidoscope too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. What a spot-on and enchanting metaphor for autumn. Thank you. Happy spooky reading (I am scared of spooky books!) Peace. x

    ReplyDelete